Home \ Service \
Application of ISBN
An International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique code for the identification of books, which is used whenever information on books needs to be recorded or communicated.
The applications of ISBNs for the Macao Polytechnic Institute are assigned by the Library.
An ISBN should be assigned to:
- Printed books and pamphlets.
- New edition of a book (change of format – such as microform, large print, change of binding – such as paperback, hardbound, change of title, author or publisher, change in size, text or illustrations, etc).
- Non-printed materials : microform publications, slides, Video, Spoken Words on Cassette/CD, CD-ROM, diskette, electronic publications etc.
- Multi-media kits containing printed material.
An ISBN should NOT be assigned to:
- Reprinted books.
- Ephemeral printed materials such as posters, diaries, calendars, theatre and concert programs, advertising matter, catalogs, etc.
- Sheet music, art prints and art folders without a title page of text.
- Serial publications such as newspapers, magazines and annual reports ( do not receive an ISBN, but are given an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN).
This is a service for members of the Macao Polytechnic Institute.Back to Top
After finalize the manuscript, deign layout and before printing, the applicant should submit:
- 1 copy of Cover Page
- 1 copy of Title Page (Chinese Sample / Portuguese Sample)
- 1 copy of Colophon Page (Chinese Sample / Portuguese Sample / Chinese-Portuguese Bilingual Sample)
- Copy of MPI approval documents
- And provide the following information to the Library to process:
- Paperback or Hardbound
- Total number of pages
- Launch date
- Volume Set or Separate edition
- Language(s) of text
Processing time for an ISBN application is about 5 working days (Saturdays and Sundays and holidays are not working days) from the date of our receipt of the completed information.Back to Top
Applicants are required to send 50 copies of the book for the Library after it is published, in which 5 copies will be sent to the Macao Public Library (according to the Administrative Regulation 10/2008 amended of Decree-law 72/89/M), 3 copies send to the Library of the Legislative Assembly of the Macao SAR, 5 copies send to the University of Macau Library, 1 copy send to the Macau University of Science and Technology Library, and for the Library collection.Back to Top Back to Top
|Contact Person||Mr. Rex Wu|